Session: Value Based Risk Management
Grace Crickette, ARM, CGEIT, CCEP-I, CCSA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR is Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs, Chief Business and Ethics Officer at UW-Whitewater. She is an accomplished Administrator and Financial Executive, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, and Captive Insurance Officer, with an exceptional record of success leading institutional strategic business planning, finance and budgeting, administration and operations management, investment and business growth, large scale information technology implementations, and governance and risk management for a variety of industries, ranging from not-for-profit to Fortune 500, and domestic and foreign operations, and the #1 and #2 Public Universities and Health Systems in the United States. She is passionate about creating innovative programs that elevate the reputation of the organization, provide a positive employee experience, and result in lasting change and sustainable savings.
Grace was chosen in 2011 as one of Business Insurance’s Women to Watch. Grace was also selected by Business Insurance magazine for their 2011 Risk Management Honor Roll. Also in 2011, Treasury and Risk magazine named Grace as one of the “100 Most Influential People in Finance”, and she was recipient if the West & North America Awards in 2011 and the Information Security Executive (ISE) of the Decade Award in 2012. In 2017, PHI Protection Network (PPN) recognized her for her dedication to protecting health information awarding her the PHI Hero’s Award. Grace is an alum of the University of Redlands and Harvard Business School.
In 2018 she established VBR, Value Based Risk, as a platform to share best practices in risk management and information security.
Throughout her career, Grace has led large information technology implementations to bring about transformation. As a risk professional, she has also had to address the downside of information technology with the creation of innovative insurance programs and IT risk mitigation products.
Her accomplishments include:
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional, CCEP-I (international)
- 2011 Business Insurance’s Women to Watch and Risk Management Honor Roll
- 2011, Treasury and Risk magazine named one of the “100 Most Influential People in Finance”
- Information Security Executive (ISE) of the Decade Award in 2012 & West & North America Awards in 2011
- 2017 PHI Protection Network (PPN) Hero’s Award
- Member of the ASIS Information Technology Security Council
- Volunteer for RIMS and ISACA